Tuesday, July 08, 2008

It's been a while I know

I've been doing fine. I'm back in school as of Monday night. The professor seems to be tolerable.

I had a crappy day today at work because my co-worker approached me and started bragging about how she was voting for McCain even though she wanted to vote for Hilary. She just thinks McCain is a better leader. Do you know how angry that made me? I was very short with her and said, " if you're not smart enough to know what the issues are then so be it....McCain's agenda is completely opposite from Hilary's so how could you be for one and then later the other?" It's completely irrational to me. Then, she had the nerve to say that she didn't think Bush was so bad. Need I say more? okay, I'll say more. She even had the nerve to mention McCain being on Saturday Night Live and being funny. HOW IS THAT RELEVANT TO ANYTHING? Yes, I wanted to slap her but instead, I choked back the tears of frustration that were fighting to come out.

Yes, Obama has not been around as long as McCain and many are concerned about his experience. Well, McCain's agenda is just as new as Obama's if you've followed him over the years. He has totally changed his stand on most issues since running for prez.

These days, it's really less about the president and more about their advisors. More importantly, it's about the democratic party versus the republican party's agenda that folks should be concerned about. Let's not forget about the future of the Supreme Court. In the primaries you vote for the person and in the national election, you vote for the party.

As experienced as John McCain is, he still has to rely on his advisors like Joe Lieberman who had to correct him (by politely whispering in his ear) on foreign policy blunders in front of the world. McCain is a war hawk but apparently, that does not bother many folks. McCain has admitted to the world that he doesn't understand how the economy works. so why support him? is he going to protect us by bombing the hell out of anyone he's told to bomb? Of course, he has to listen to the neocons. Yes, he's sold his soul to the devil. He's given up all of his integrity for the chance to be president. I'm disgusted.

Obama has been pissing me off to lately with his so called faith based initiative plan.....I'm not ready to go there tonight.

so I came home and decided to watch Food Network. Paula Dean was on and I immediately started to feel better. I love watching her cook. I have not tried her recipes and was not planning to cook tonight. Still, it's so soothing and comforting to me to watch Food Network for some odd reason. Rachel Rey however, is annoying. I can watch that channel, and have, all day long.

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger dddonna said...

Well, girl. I guess it takes getting riled up for you to blog. Glad you are back. I know your frustration. I try to stay away from stupid people especially as it pertains to politics and religion. See you soon.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger JT Evans said...

Good to read your post. Sounds like the woman in question is kind of in your face. Sometimes it seems like stupidity rules. Don't worry, McLame is an antique. As a friend of mine from long ago said, in "Latin" -- "Illegitimi non carborundum." Translation: "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

no need to talk any sense to some people. you gotta ignore it...i know it's hard...it's for you sanity...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home